Making a leap into self-care, health, and wellness can seem like a huge task. I put together a list of ways to begin improving your health that are simple and easy to start right away. Once you incorporate these things into your life, you should notice mood improvements, more energy and better sleep as just a few examples. These 10 easy ways to boost your wellness is the foundation to build the rest of your health and self-care upon.
Let’s get started:
- Drink More Water – Let’s begin with the easiest task on the list. Drink more water, we all should know by now the benefits of water for every aspect of our health. Our brain function boosts significantly from water intake, and those headaches and migraines will also be greatly reduced. Physical activity along with energy levels are affected by a lack of water. Fatigue and other uncomfortable aches and pains in the body can all be cured with MORE WATER! Metabolism gets an extra boost when we drink more water and our skin will be hydrated, resulting in a radiating complexion!
2. Spend Time in Nature – Nature has a real positive impact on our health, believe it or not. The natural patterns and colors of nature is a proven cure of depression. Mood instantly changes when we step into nature. The sound of birds and breeze in the trees, the calming trickles of water, and the fresh air does wonders for your overall wellness. Spending time in nature is a super easy and effective way to FEEL better!
3. Eat More Fruits and Veggies – Another easy way to improve your health is to eat healthier. I’m not telling you to override your entire diet, but watch what adding in more greens and yummy fruits will do for you! The benefits of eating more fruits and Vegetables will come quickly. When we start lacking in this area of our diet, the effects can be detrimental to our overall well-being. We absolutely need the vitamins and minerals that come from fresh vegetables and it is a very poor choice not to eat them!
4. Go On a Walk, or Bike Ride – Movement, awww very effective on our health. A simple walk or bike ride will begin your foundation in feeling your best. Exercise actually boosts your energy levels and gives you a euphoric feeling. You do not have to go on a strict exercise regimen to be healthier, simply go on a walk around your neighborhood, or even better; in nature!
5. Disconnect from Social Media, TV, and Technology – Constantly checking in on social media, or being glued to the TV, is definatly not good for our wellness. It steals time away from other more important things that will improve our lives. So, make it a very clear point to spend less time on technology. Give yourself a limit like 30 mins at night, or only certain days of the week that you spend aimlessly online, or watching TV.
6. Deep Breathing – A great way to overcome feelings or stress and anxiety, whenever they rear their ugly head is to breath! Taking 10 deep breathes that you actively involve your mind and body in will calm you down and bring you back into your peace. Try this the next time you feel overwhelmed. Closing your eyes and picturing your favorite place while deep breathing is a quick and easy meditative practice that doesn’t take much effort and will leave you in a much better state of mind than trying to ignore your negative feelings.
7. Multi-Vitamin – Super simple and effective in maintaining a healthy mind, body and spirit is to remember to take a multi-vitamin everyday. Otherwise you have to try to find your daily percentage of these in your diet, and a lot of times that becomes more stressful than life itself. So, adding a simple vitamin in the morning is purely beneficial for getting started on a more healthy lifestyle.
8. Sunshine and/or Vitamin D – This is a big one that many people do not pay attention to. In places where the sun doesn’t shine often enough, or we are unable to spend enough time in the sun, we see spiked levels of depression and other mental health issues. As spiritual beings, we LIVE off the energy of the sun. We spiritual beings need to remember to take Vitamin D or be under the sun.
9. Laugh More – Laughter can boost our immunity, and our energy. Laughing also reduces stress hormones like cortisol. When we find ways to laugh more, we will notice how darkness and lethargy lowers immensely. Go to a comedy show, read a joke book, or a funny book, spend time with someone who always cheers you up.
10. Affection – Last but not least, give hugs and say I love you to those closest to you. The feelings shared between yourself and others is powerful. Express your feelings! Write them a simple love note, or a thank you card. These things can make you and the ones closest to you feel good. Which is perfect for your wellness and theirs too. Excellent!